Thursday, February 21, 2008

Entry for February 21, 2008 Mother Nature does it again

Well instead of the wonderful eclipse of the moon that I thought I was going to see last night, I ended up with quite a whooper of a thunder and lightening storm. It was so over cast to start with yesterday with the storm coming that I knew it would probably be difficult to see the big full moon, but I thought at least a little light would shine through. No luck. The night was soooo dark with the storm and no moon, very spooky. Too bad it wasn't Halloween.

The storm was one of those that just started out of no where. The area just thought we were going to get rain. Haven't seen a storm like this in a while. Moved right in and sat on top of my house and carried on like the Mother Ship in Close Encounters. Charlie dog and Goldie Dog were very upset. Jake isn't ever bothered by anything like this. I never realized that Charlie was afraid of thunder but with every loud crash right over our heads he would start barking like his life depended on it, one time in ran in the bathroom where Goldie hangs out and attacked her. Poor thing didn't know what was going on.

Mother Nature never seems to lose her charm. One thing she takes away only to replace it with something even more exciting.

Hope your eclipse viewing was better that mine.

happy Thursday.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment