Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Entry for March 19, 2008/Poetry Wednesday

I posted this poem as one of my very first entries to Poetry Wednesday . It was also my first Spring with Yahoo 360. So I thought I would relive that moment and celebrate the vernal equinox coming tomorrow with this wonderful poem. It has always been one of my favorites since childhood and I never tire of it. I hope you don't either.

Enjoy

Susan



"I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD"

          I WANDERED lonely as a cloud
        That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
         When all at once I saw a crowd,
          A host, of golden daffodils;
          Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
          Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
         Continuous as the stars that shine
       And twinkle on the milky way,
    They stretched in never-ending line
      Along the margin of a bay:
           Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
        Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
          The waves beside them danced; but they
       Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
      A poet could not but be gay,
     In such a jocund company:
   I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
       What wealth the show to me had brought:
        For oft, when on my couch I lie
         In vacant or in pensive mood,
             They flash upon that inward eye
         Which is the bliss of solitude;
        And then my heart with pleasure fills,
         And dances with the daffodils.                                                               1804.


William Wordsworth.
Please enjoy the rest of the tour with the otherSUE Our wonderful tour guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment