Monday, November 27, 2006

Entry for November 27, 2006

Hey to all on this Monday morning.  I have been a little out of it lately and have not been participating in much because I am busy thinking about my sister, Robin and my brother-in- law , Jimmy, coming to town to help me celebrate my birthday on the 14th of  December. Don't you love the way I slip that in. Birthdays are always a big thing for me. Any excuse for a party.

This is a big one. Sort of scary. Never thought I would be this old. I am of the don't trust any one over 30, generation and I am now way over thirty. An origional baby boomer. My folks came home from WWII and got married and  10 m0nths later had me. They met in France, how romantic, Mom a WAC and Dad a green Leutinent(sp). 

OK enough beating around the proverbial bush, I will be sixty on th 14th and let me tell you it is a little weird. I am not your ususal 60 as I have no children, well you know me only furry ones. I have always been a wild a swinging chick, in the rock and roll business for a long time, a string of one husband and many live ins. Always out and about and doing things. Thankfully I do have many friends that fit into this catagory and are still alive. As in Sex and DRUGS and Rock and Roll. So it is going to be a strange aging process. I still don't act or look much different than I ever did. No more drugs though. Still boots and bell bottoms. I am so glad those came back into fashion. Always loved them.

A good friend out here in the wilds of Arizona is tuning 60 three days after me and his partner is throwing a hugh bash for him and I am included. Should be fun. Robin and Jimmy and I will be heading for Las Vegas for my official one on the 14th.( more slipping that in) Can't think of a better place to spend it. Who knows maybe I will run into some dashing figure. We will see Cirque de Soile's KA. I have seen "O" and Mystier(sp), and I just love their shows.  Nice dinner out the next night. Stay at the Flamingo, which I love, should be fun.

Ok I have finally gotten that off the old chest. I am still not sure how I feel about all this, but as my fellow old fart says "there isn't any thing we can do about it." Since I am well, healthy, in fairly decent shape, and hope to stay that way ( and those pictures of me are current) I guess it will be OK. On to a different transition.

Hope your week is starting out well and thanks for putting up with my rant. That is what 360 is for, right.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment