Friday, December 12, 2008

Brrrrrrr

Boy seven o'clock in the morning and it is still pitch black. I hate this time of the year. Hurry solstice bring the sun back. I know why those hunter gatherers were so freaked out by the lose of the sun. What did people do before fire. That must have been really bad. Gathering around the giant fires in the villages, huddling in makeshift homes for warmth, never knowing if the sun would ever come back. Really not my idea of a good time. Even the cats don't like it. They can't go out into the yard till the sun gets up and it is warm enough, which isn't till at least 11 am or so and then 4 Pm and in the come because the sun has just dropped down behind the mountain and now it is cold and dark again. Ah winter, I guess I should be glad that I really don't get the worst of it out here in Arizona, but it is still winter none the less. Just a few more days though and we will start seeing the sun stay out longer every day. Oh thank you sun god person.

And of course I must toot my own horn as I always do this time of the year. My birthday come this sunday, the 14th, yeah Sagitariuses, I will have been on this wonderful planet for 62 years. I can't imagine. What happened to don't trust anyone over 30. Ha.....I start getting my Social Security this February. Not letting the govenment keep that money any longer than I have to. It sure isn't enough to retire (what is that ) on but at least while I still keep massaging people I may be able to travel more, get out there and maybe even meet some of ya'll. Even if I get the flu I won't have to worry about paying the rent. I like that thought. I will be able to visit my sister in her new home in North Carloina in April and even then get to meet certain blog friends. I am excited. Nice birthday present I think.

Ok that is enough, I need my coffee.

May you all have a great day.

Susan and the Kitties (so everyone knows the family now is me and Thomas, Fat CAt, Rose, Magic,  Mike and of course the new little one Spike, who gets his balls cut off on Monday, poor thing.

So that's it, may it be a good day

6 comments:

  1. hello, susan!

    we've sure had some crazy weather here in n.c. already, can you believe we've had snow a few times? nothing that sticks, but alot of flurries.

    tarheel dislikes the really cold weather, too. i'm sure it's because he's getting on in age. the chickens don't seem to mind it so much, though.

    a happy birthday wish to you.....luis isa saggitarius on the capricorn cusp.

    enjoy your coffee!


    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of coffee, i am drinking it now. Since itz so dark in the morning now, i sleep in longer on my days off if I don't have to be somewhere....and I sleep better without the air conditioning going on and off all night like in the summer. So I love winter!

    it would be nice for ya if you could visit your sis in North Carolina in April.....Good luck on that one Susan. Enjoy your coffee this morning...Looks like rain on Sunday? yay...xoxo Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan.....yep...coffee good....cold bad....lol.....it's about half past ten this morning...the FOG..VERY thick fog...is just starting to burn off....woot woot.....cold n damp aren't my favorites and I totally agree with ya on this daylight savings thing....days are shorter, nights are longer....LOVE your iceberg shot up there......just saw a show last night on amazing something or rathers and it was about ICE BREAKER ships.....and i was especially intrigued by iceberg B-583048957567 or whatever it's name is.....HUGEST ice berg on the planet....anyway

    back to my coffee, and on with the rest of the day....

    HUGS
    M's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me to can't wait till it stays light late and gets light early summer where oh where are you lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes BRRRR! Woke up to more snow this morning. At least soon the days will start to get longer- not soon enough- but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there Susan & Happy Happy Birthday! I hope your wanderings include the Southland! I'm thinking of gearing up again this spring, a different route this time to San Fran. I hope to finally see Sedona, too! Good to hear from you & WOW what a moon this morning, beginning to set & Ginormous! That must have been a freakout, too, back in the day. Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete