Sunday, December 7, 2008

Life Goes On

As the days get shorter and the nights much longer and even here in Arizona, much colder I have started thinking that I need to start getting on with my life, paying attention to the wonderful furry kids (the cats) that are still physically in my life and preparing for the Winter Solstice season.

Actually I started on Thanksgiving day. Brought the greens in side, in way of my wonderful artificial evergreen. Decorated with sparkling white lights, old glass colorful hanging decorations, gold ribbons, family treasures and Lina you will love this, strings of pearls, my favorite. The lights reflect off the ornaments and brighten the house at night. The candles are every where. Bringing light to every darkened corner, even the one in my heart. I smile now when I think of my Jakey, remembering the love we had and will always have. This will be the first Solstice season with out him in 11 years but the kitties and I will be toasting him on the longest night of the year, all waiting for the sun to rise and banish that oh so long night.

Keep warm you all who are in this hemisphere and for those who aren't, well what can say, keep cool

Lots of love

Susan

7 comments:

  1. beatiful picture btw....nice reading your blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a lovely way to remember Jake. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decorations sound beautiful. Here's to Jake and the coming of longer days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to here from you and glad you are back

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving is such a wonderful celebration, one of those I wish we had in Greece. It's a wonderful feeling being greatful to someone or for something!

    I wish the best to you and to the whole furry family!

    ReplyDelete