Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Snow

I know that for most of you in other parts of the country or world this will seem a strange sort of excitement but for me today is really big. We have finally gotten snow again in my part of Arizona, which is the middle to north. We have not had snow in two years. The weather people are saying that this winter could be a sign that the drought we have been in for almost 10 years may finally be coming to an end. The past two winters have been very wet but this winter has out done its self. Flagstaff which is slightly north of me but much highter elevation wise has just been dumped on with snow, like back east kind of snow, feet of it. which they got more of these past two days while it has raining here. When I woke up this morning though expecting to see more rain, there it was beautiful white snow. Its not like we a a lot of it but it is enough to make an old eastern girl feel good. I have always loved snow, what am I doing here. I hope what ever picture I put up here will give you the feel of it.

Next, I tried to go back to my old blog on Yahoo this morning to see if I could find the last blog I wrote on snow here. Well now I know why I am no longer there. It took me almost 10 minutes to just browse about 5 blogs. I really think I am finally going to just transfer all my old blogs over here. I hope  we can still do that. I am soooo over 360.

And lastly I am thinking of all our friends in Victoria Australia who are having such a terrible time with the horrible wildfires. Terrible lose of life. Even arsons out there helping the devastation along. Let us all keep them in our thoughts or our prayers which ever works for you I know it will work for them.

Oh and didn't you just love President Obama's press conference last night. the best.

Good Tuesday

Susan

5 comments:

  1. you can still transfer your 360 blogs susan -my daughter loves the snow to so you are not alone-enjoy it while it lasts

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, how very wonderful! we got snow this year, too. thanks for the pic, and enjoy the snow. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. it snowed on the Superstitions last night. It was late but I saw it this morning. So kewl Susan. I'm sucking up all the kewl weather we can get. summer will be here soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are visiting the kids in AZ, got here first week of Feb. I didn't bring a lot of warm clothing....big regret on that choice! When you got your snow there was snow on all the hills and mtns. down this way too. Nice, just like where I live...can see it, but don't have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi susan..how is the new kitty? itz still be a little cool here as becky can attest too but it will be warming up soon........i love this weather. I just wish it would stay.....i just planted some tomatoes..i hope the rabbits don't get them. I've got wire all around them but there are so many things that like to eat whatever I plant. Our neighbor had to put up a fence all around their place cuz the coyotes were bugging their horses........awe.life in the desert.

    ReplyDelete