Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The first Day of the Rest of My Life

That's  a photo of my sister Robin and myself in Vegas for my 60th birthday. Bit on the gray side as I was trying an experiment with the hair. It didn't work. so of course you now see me with my original color red.

So yesterday I celebrated the start of my 64th year on this planet. My favorite place to be. I find it strange the way we celebrate the anniversaries of our births. We look back at how many years we have been here instead of looking forward to what is coming up. Our birthday is the beginning of a new year not the end of the old. The day before the birthday is the end of the old, 63 years on this earth. Whoa, that's a lot. I just keep pushing on though. I am glad at the way I have lived those years since I spent them having a rocking and rolling time. Also loving and caring for my most precious of fur kids. Making and keeping the best of friends. That is really important to me. Friends. Of course you are looking at my best of friends, my dear and most wonderful sister/ We have had our ups and downs over the years but she is the most important person in the whole world to me.

Well now I can really start to gear up for the holidays. I always use to wait till after the birthday to start celebrating but lately since I have so many clients coming to my home I have started decorating right after thanksgiving. I do love those christmas decorations, the tree, the green boughs for solstice, which I did just bring in this weekend. Everyone enjoys them, especially me. Solstice is just around the corner, and I can't wait for that sun to start coming up earlier. Been burning the candles every night and I will see in the winter solstice sunrise with them burning.

Christmas morning the fur kids will have been visited by Santa Paws, they do love those toys, I will take Sadie for the long walk, have my collection of classical, Renaissance and medieval records of Christmas music playing. I am the only person I know who still has a phonograph, just to play this great collection I have. No jingle bells here. I may not be a christian or believer in god but I must say no more beautiful music was written that for the birth of the christ child. Big breakfast and then off to the New York family in Arizona with Sadie to spend the rest of the day. This is my secular traditional christmas.

I may not be around much the next couple of weeks so I want to wish you all a very warm and bright Solstice and a very merry christmas and a really great new year.

Susan

10 comments:

  1. you both look lovely! wishing you a happy holiday season, and all of that. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Jesus was actually born somewhere in March-April. One group of scientists, using computers narrowed it down to April 17, but I've also heard March...In any case, it wasn't in December!)

    Showing love, and good will toward all is all the Christ was trying to teach us anyway...you don't have to be labeled anything to do that...and you can do it all year round...not just in December.

    Have a happy and blessed seasonal celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your holidays are richly blessed ,Susan.
    Love the picture of you and your sister! Hope you had a wonderful birthday.
    Ear rubs to the furkids!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only reason that the celebration is in December is because of the solstice. All big religious events were around the solstice. the birth of Jesus was stuck at the celebration of the sun god by the old christians so they could celebrate and the romans thought they were celebrating the roman holiday.
    You have a great time too. I love the feeling of christmas, always have always will, year in and out.
    Have a great one. and that little doggie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot, you too. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday. Love the christmas going on here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you have a great one too my friend

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful holiday season. It all sounds festive to me. Hope your birthday was the best. Smooches to the fur kids....I know they love em. Take care, drive safely.Cheers, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you and your fur kids have a happy holiday..me and my lizard kids plus my fur kids plan to have a great holiday...hee hee hugs

    ReplyDelete