Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Entry for September 10, 2008New Atom Smasher

What I found on the front page of my paper this morning makes me so much happier than any news about this election fracas that is going on in this country.

The Large Hadron Collider will be switched on this morning in it's underground space beneath the border of France and Switzerland. The 17 mile long race track will eventually use high energy beams to smash atoms and analyze the remains. The results could provide more clues to how the universe formed and whether extra dimensions exist in space.

Now I don't know about you all, but that bit of news really gets my juices flowing.

I am not going to mess around with 360 blog pages this morning to try and put a link up to this story. I am sure you will be able to find more info in your local paper also or on line.

The universe is a strange and miraculous place. I think we should know all we can about it. After all it is our home.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment