Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Update

Thought I would drop in a photo of my latest project.

Since I went out and got my computer all cleaned up I decided It and I both needed a new desk to live in and around. Off to Office Max I went and found the perfect thing on sale. A nice writing desk. Reminded me of the little desk I had when I was a kid to do my home work on. A little bigger maybe, but close.

Of course everything these days is you get to put it together furniture. Well I am pretty handy for an old broad. Always believe if you want something done right do it yourself. Took me two days of crawling around on the floor with bits and pieces everywhere but it all worked out. Even got the runners on the drawers straight.

My little office is finally becoming what I want it to be. Neat. It is just a space in my closet in my bedroom, but now it doesn't look like a catch all. When you live in a mobile home you use the space you have. I took off my sliding closet doors, and since I am not a cloths horse, voila, instant office. Now at least it looks like and office and I feel more comfortable here so I can spend more time at the computer visiting you all.

P.S. Thought I would toss in the latest photo of my baby Spike. Not so much a baby any more. Ain't he cute?

Enjoy

Susan

7 comments:

  1. YAY for you! it feels good to get it done, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, pretty kitty....nice to see your space, too. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.....thanks for the inspiration; blog to come tomorrow, LOL. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at Office Max day before yesterday....they had two file cabinets on sale...the beautiful dark wood kind with 4 drawers...It was normally almost $300 but was on sale for $100....I wasn't sure if I had room in my car for the box...so I passed on it...I wish I hadn't now, and I'm sure that they're both gone now...I may pop in, though after my PT to see if anyone purchased them. Your desk looks really nice. I have to clean my office...it's gotten cluttered since I'm not as flexible and mobile as I was before my accident...and there are Gus toys everywhere too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. if you are happy we are happy... i went through a little of what you are talking about but was unable to salvage my dying 'puter so I opted for a newer (and of course bigger) one - buying as a package I even got a 23" monitor and an excellent new HP printer/scanner/copier for a mere $30 extra... due to bundling of course..... it has taken me almost 2 wks to transfer, arrange, clean area, settle, re-download etc.... man, we are truly becoming dependent on these things they call 'puters aren't we!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes spike is a doll-so is your nice little office

    ReplyDelete