Sunday, August 16, 2009

Life is Weird

springsteen-1.jpgWell life is getting weirder by the second. Picked up my mail this morning and there on the cover of my AARP magzine ( yes my AARP magazine) was none other than Bruce Springsteen. While I wasn't looking Bruce has turned Sixty and become a cover boy for the "retired" set. Of course very few of us of a certain age are retired, unless we are really lucky. I am feeling pretty good about myself this morning as now Bruce has joined us old folks. The baby boomer set is going to make a very interesting bunch of old people. Do you realize that Charlie Watts of the Rolling Stones is in his 70's. I am lovin' this.

And....any of you out there who are over 50 should check out AARP. They have cool mags every month and we who are members are the one of the largest liberal, democratic voteing blocks in the country. You want to save Social Security and Medicare join AARP, and well Bruce is on the cover of their magazine.

Happy Sunday all. I have to work.  Massage Therapists just can never get a break.

 

7 comments:

  1. i hope you will get to relax tonight. i got an application to join AARP, and i haven't yet. thanks for reminding me. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am loving that too..mm I mean him too!! LOL have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL...aging is a natural process that happens to all of us....nothing weird about it. It does rather sneak up on you though. What's strange is that entertainers are viewed as people who are supposed to live forever and never age....I don't understand why, when someone from the entertainment industry starts "looking" old, or heaven forbid if they actually DIE, everyone acts so shocked. What stress the public puts these people through! I too have received, NUMEROUS times, (to the point where they're getting obnoxious) applications and cards from AARP...I was considering joining, but now that you brought politics into it, I'll have to research things a little more. I don't know...call me crazy, but I would think that if an organization like this was supposed to represent EVERYONE over a certain age, it would try to stay somewhat neutral, politically.. this isn't to say that they wouldn't fight for our rights...but if an organization blatantly leans toward one party more than the other, would we all be represented fairly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan:
    I have this magazine in my house and it was the topic of a good laugh. Who would have thought the baby boomers would still be rockin into their 60's and 70's? Just goes to show...age is all about attitude.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I applaud Bruce turning sixty and still able to rock 'n roll (and having turned 55 myself, just yesterday), I'm not certain at all Social Security OR Medicare are salvageable, or should be.

    They were both based on fallacies; 'work and die' is what our ancestors did, and I'm comfortable with that.

    Anything else is like winning a lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn! This makes me wish I was over 50! I'll have to steal my neighbor's copy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Libertarian to the end. Since I am now having the luxury of being able to not work so hard because I am now collecting my savings from myself and many employers that the government had the kindness to save for me ( I would never have been able to do it0 I can say I am thankful for social security. I call it my suplemental income.Even with this, I most likely will drop dead giving someone a massage. Medicare I don't care about really as I am very healthy but some people arn't and need help. You know Will there are many people in this country who have worked hard and still can not get by with out having had OUR government looking after them. and as for Bruce, well good for him.

    ReplyDelete