Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Big Crash

My computer did the big el crasho on Sunday. I think thanks to Face book and my good old Farm Town. Won't be going back there any more.

Many Trojan horses full of multiple viruses cam thundering into my happy little tower and I think I got it shut off before things went completely awry but it will be in the shop for a while I think. Might even have to buy a new computer because my old one belonged to some one else once upon a time so I can't reload it. We will see.

In the mean time I am working out of the computers at my local library. Actually not a bad thing. So I will be checking in every time I get a chance to get over here.

I have a new friend on Multiply, her name is Megan,  who is actually a good local real time friend of mine. Know her for a long time and she has just signed up on Multiply. Give her a hand up if you all will. I am sure she will be needing some help navigating her way around. I will do the best I can over the phone, but even I don't know all there is to know about Multiply.

Have a good week and I will check in again tomorrow and maybe get to visit a little bit.

Susan

10 comments:

  1. the mercury retrograde has claimed another victim! so sorry you've been going through this, susan. computers are an interesting combination of blessing and curse, LOL. glad you're able to get to the public library, though. i hope megan will enjoy her experience here on multiply. the folks at the user support site area always pretty helpful. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot. I completely forgot about good old Mercury. It really got me this time.
    I will tell Megan about the support site. I forgot about that.
    I still have time on the computer so I think I will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope fully I will still be able to bounce around and read your wonderful blogs on ancient things. You post the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it Mercury's fault? Lol, my pc said "uncorrectable hardware error" Only 2 years old, at that, so it got into a box & shipped its little tuchis off to warranty central. Now I've got a cute little netbook, but the typing is awful! Thus I've had very little to say, a tough one for me! Hello to Megan! Hello to you, 2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame but might be a blessing in disguise. I don't go much to farmtown but facebook is still a place to visit. Most of my family is there. Hope all goes well and get back soon. Welcome to Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always have problems with my computer when I log onto facebook or play farmtown or pet society. That's why I don't go over there very much.I may stop altogether if there is a chance of my computer crashing. I hope you get yours sorted out and don't have to buy a new one!

    Hi to Megan! Belly rubs to Sadie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get it fixed soon.....

    Yeah...I kept telling everyone who begged me to join Facebook that it wasn't real secure. I joined finally, but don't play those games like the farm one....I do play Farkle and a couple of word games... I don't go there too, too often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw shucks. Hope you are up and running soon. Now I'm wondering....I've had so many troubles with my computer lately and blamed it all on Vonage...maybe there is something to that FB site. I'm waving to Megan.....See....welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I HAVE A FACEBOOK BUT I HARDLY EVER GO THERE....I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I JUST CAN'T GET INTO SENDING ALL THOSE THINGS TO EACH OTHER. HOPE YOU'RE COMPUTER IS WORKING. THERE ARE SO MANYTHINGS THAT CAN GET INTO OUR COMPUTERS THESE DAYS NO MATTER HOW MANY VIRUS PROTECTION PROGRAMS CLAIM WE ARE SECURE

    ReplyDelete