Sunday, July 10, 2011

Trip to the Ranch




this is where the doggies and I went this morning. I use to live on this ranch, it has cows and irrigation ditches and pastures and that cute ranch shack is what I use to live in. It is full of junk right now, but when I was there it was the best little place. Except for the fact that the only heat I had came from a wood burning stove. I got very good at starting fires.
So we have pics of the upper (where Sadie is walking) irrigation ditch and lower ( which is the bigger one at the bottom of the hill) pastures and trees.
Of course there is Sadie and Jack being wild and crazy.

9 comments:

  1. Cottonwood? wow....does anyone live there now Susan? it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this place is really pretty...i can see it's been raining..the grass is very green...Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your babies enjoyed their day out....lovely land!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, what a wonderful day! i love the pics, it is so nice to see the fur kids again. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie. oh yeah my old land persons live on the other side of the pasture from the old shack. they have a beautiful home , very ranchy and another house behind it with two apartments. They run a vacation rental. Check it out Sycamore Springs Vacation rental they have a web site. The whole ranch is surrounded on three sides by Oak Creek. Its like living back east it is so green and beautiful. There is so much green because of the irrigation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like I just told Vickie, just remembered you mentioned how green the grass was. The place is flood irregated. It is always green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah it is beautiful. I really enjoyed living there and as you can see I go back there a lot, practically every weekend to let the doggies run.

    ReplyDelete