Thursday, December 28, 2006

Entry for December 28, 2006

Christmas is over and the virus I had seems to have run it's course, so I am feeling pretty good and hope that I can finally start cruising everyone's blog. By the looks of it some of you have been busy during the holiday posting away. I on the other hand decided that I would give my shoulders and fingers a good rest while I was laid up.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is trying to find a home for a poor dog that sort of belongs to her son. This kid adopted two dogs about three years ago when he was living with his mother(my friend) then moved out and basicly dumped them on her. She didn't have the gumption to tell him to take the dogs with him. In the mean time he has gotten engaged, had the dogs for a while, has to move found a home for one of them and because the other one is a pit bull can't find a home for him and has dumped him on his mother again who can't keep him because he barks too much. So the kid needs to be out of his place by the middle of January and no one wants the poor dog and my friend is saying(to me of all people) wouldn't it be kinder to put him down if she can't find him a responsible home. Well I jumped right down her throat screaming murder, literally. Told her she was enableing her irresponsible son by taking this burden on herself and he must find this dog a home. Everyone around here has a pit bull, but no one will let you rent with them.

My question is why people are so irresponsible with four legged animals. Especially young adults. Are they brought up wrong? Are most people in general just not caring when it comes to dogs and cats. Their lives mean nothing? Would they have their own children and be this responsible with them, maybe, who knows. Let my folks take the responsible, is that the attitude of most young people. Even my friend seems to have an irresponsible attitude and I know her to be a loving person.

Well I think the thing I can do that will help them most right now is put her in touch with Best Friends, Maybe they can help them find a home for this poor dog and maybe A Paw UP Rescue. On to the phone right now.

I will let you know the out come.

This was going to be a different blog , but things happen.

Susan

P>S> That is my Goldie in the picture

No comments:

Post a Comment