Saturday, September 1, 2007

Entry for September 01, 2007/ Michaelangelo's David/ I guess you would call this MATURE CONTENT

I have always found it interesting that you see so many nude women post on Art Sunday, from Classical painting to modern, but for some reason there are not many nude males.

So today I give you the most famous nude male in history, the magnificent sculpture of Kind David, preparing to slay the giant Goliath.

Carved by the finest sculptor in past history, Michelangelo Buonarroti, in 1501 the statue of King David has an interestinghistory. From the fact that he did not originally start the statue ,to he depicted David prior to slaying Goliath where as most others showed him standing over the much larger giant having just slayed him. So make sure you read the history.

I give you here 4 views of this work of art, enjoy them. I know I always do.

Have a great Sunday

Susan

michelangelo12david_torso_backDavid_right_profiledavid_full_right

No comments:

Post a Comment