Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brought this one over from my MySpace blog

Watching some of my business fall by the way side as the economy in the states hits the fan. The government has decided that it will now help shore up the money markets so that banks will start lending out the money they are holding back in case people start disolving their money market accounts. This would certainly help as I was watching on tv last night that large retail companiers are dropping like flies. If not closing completely they are closing many of their stores. Many of these businesses depend on bank to lend them money during hard time to like pay their employees and to buy things to sell, no money no can do this, and in the end it all trickles down onto guess who, me. I have already lost the clients I had in the housing business and people in this town are now starting to lose other jobs. Who wants a massage when you are broke. Thankfully I deal in fixing people. Most need worked on all the time. I am glad I have my own practice and am not working in a spa. Those poor people are in the unemployement office as I type. Here's hoping that things get better.

Susan

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this, susan. and here's hoping things get better for everyone. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a tough year everywhere and we are now seeing the fall out of the financial sector trickle down. I think America as a nation needs a massage..we all are tense about the economy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all runs down hill doesn't it? Best wishes for you and all of us to get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole financial market was like a balloon. Banks didnt have money (just maybe 8%) but loved to sell their not excisting money. (mortgages, personel loans, and so on) Someone had a needle and bang their goes the trust., the belief, the hope. And especially the USA ,who's economy is build on lending, borrowing money, suffers. Live now, pay later turns to pay now and live later. I feel sorry for the normal people, they have to pay with loosing jobs or even savings. I hope new regulations will be made for the financial work, like traffic rules. And I hope that control will be done by good policemen and women, but then trained in the financial world.

    ReplyDelete