Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's Been Going On

For those of you who have not been visiting me on good old 360 I thought it would be best to catch up on what has been going on in my and my furry families life.

It has not bee a good year. Starting in June I think ( it all became  blur) my most wonderful Wannabe passed away after a sickness and a grand walk about that he took. Breezed out the front door when I wasn't looking and was gone for 2 days. By the time he came back it had all been too much for him and even thought the doctor tried to pull him through his ordeal we lost him. He was 14 and it was just too soon.

Well then at the beginning of July my wonderful new adoptee, Charlie the Dalmation succumbed to his battle with the tick fever he had caught. He just stopped eating couldn't help him at all. He wasn't a young dog, he was 12, so it was hard for him to fight off the disease and we had to have him put down ( I do so hate that expression) over 4th of July weekend.

Before the month was out I was finding myself having to do the same thing to my most precious Goldie dog. You have all known Goldie since she came to live with us two years ago. She was 16 and a half when she passed away basically from old age. I had always hoped that she would just pass away in her sleep, but she had so much insticnt still going that even though she couldn't see, hear, smell and barely stand up she kept trying. Finally had to have the doctor come to the house and well you know. I really loved that old girl and miss her very much.

In the mean time Jake Dog is still hanging in there. He can't really get around much at all but the doctor says that he is  very motivated, has a lot of feeling left in his body and his quality of life is good. So if I want to continue taking care of him, she see's nothing wrong. She did give me some parameters to go by to know when enough is enough, so I will live with what she says.

As you can see in the previous blog we have the new babe to help keep us smiling. There is nothing better than having a kitten around the house. We did find a new furry friend last Christmas, Mikey. I may have a pic of him in my albums, not sure. He is doing well and that makes six cats and one crippled old dog and of course me, one slightly old woman.

I am now going to be another year older, 62, oh my god (I hate abbreviations)....I actually will start collecting my social security in February, I can't wait, nice extra money to go traveling. Might even see some of you all. I am doing well. Keep my self nice and healtly with my veggie diet. As much as I hate to say it I have started to eat some fish. Mostly salmon because the doctor told me it would be a good idea to lay off of the soy. In case you all don't know soy contains a great deal of estrogen and is not good for women in menopause of men even. So any way I am healtly and working my fat butt off as usual. Have lost a few clients because of the economy but the come and they go.

Hard to believe that I started blogging on 360 three years ago this coming November and here I am still blogging, maybe not in the same place but still here none the less with most of my old friends.

And now I think I will actually try most wickedly's writting challange.

It was a dark and stormy night.....

To be continued.

Susan

7 comments:

  1. GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN SUSAN.... STOP BY AND CATCH UP WITH ME AND MINE...so to speak....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan truely long time no see. The interesting thing is that I was just over at yahoo 360 to see what is happening there now days. Much much less than in olden days, in thanks partly to me, who basically left ini May of this year for Multiply. I really love Multiply ...actually better in some ways, like being able to tell how many visits a page or blog entry has garnered, etc.

    But then letl me express my sadness that you have lost three pets, isnt it, fairly recently. That is horrible, I am so sorry. Of course a couple of them were older but we are never ready for our loved ones (animal or human) to die. Altough I think that it is a little easier when the age is there...at least it seems "natural". I lost (yes, I had her put down as well) in August..my little bit. She was never strong, and was tiny, tiny..(never weighted more than 5 pounds at any point in her 11 years of life) Still not sure what happened exactly but her jaw was broken or something and she got down to 2.5 pounds (I had been thinking she just had bad teeth and was trying to feed her wet food etc, but obviously that was not it) Anyway, the Vet said she would have to have surgury, probably a feeding tube etec, and just didnt see it as a viable option. I stayed with her until she was gone. She was obviously the sickly runt and I can take some pride in that I and Roy kept her going for 11 years, and she had a good life for most of that time.

    If you get a chance, check out my page. I have added some kewl stuff...joined some writing and artistic challenge groups and just generally gotten more creative than I ever was at yahoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so sorry the year has not been a good one for you. here's hoping that things will get better for you very soon. i am so glad you are here on multiply. 360 seems to be a lost cause without a paddle. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be glad when this year is over...once the new headstones are unveiled I hope I can move on. Seems like I haven't really been happy since last December and I desperately want to be again. I still post over on Y360 for those of my friends who prefer it there and go over a few times a week to read their blogs. So cool to be drawing your pension soon:) I know I'm chasing time but I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear from you,but sorry to hear of so many losses.My little Levi is having to get along with the help of a doggy wheelchair,as at the age of nearly 16,he has lost the use of his rear legs.He is otherwise pretty spunky,and has a great appetite,but I know he will not be around for a whole lot longer.One of my cats,old Flash,who is at least 20,has seemingly been "dying" for three years. he is so skinny,and yet all blood work comes back normal and he still eats,although it has to be soft foods as he does not have many teeeht left and the ones he does ahve are bad.he is too old to have them pulled,so he takes antibiotics periodically and pain medication for when he has a bad spell.Otherwise,he seems content to eat and sleep.

    Well,I have to get busy.I'm posting a "Guess the Morph " game on my page tonight and have to get the morphs ready.Come on and play if you want.I suppose I'll post at sround midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you here but so sorry there is so much bad news. We've lost plenty of animals over the years but none we had to "put down". It's such a hard decision to make. We had made that decision for our old dog Kris Kringle but he died in the night and saved us taking action. He was six months younger than my daughter and they had grown up together. It's been several years but it still brings a tear to my eye to think of him. He was very special! We just brought home a new kitten yesterday. We did not go looking for one. We went for hay and came home with a kitty bonus. Hopefully we can keep this one longer than the last one that we only had for two weeks. We found a tick on the dog, I hope he will be OK (even though he's not really our dog). He's going to the vet on Thursday for shots so I'll have him checked out.
    I try to visit on 360 now and again but I find myself here more and more. I hope things start looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor dear you have had a rough year haven't you? It's always so difficult to lose a beloved furbaby :(

    ReplyDelete