Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Some Thoughts

First Happy Bastille Day. Whatever

Happy Birthday to my old friend Billy, who passed away many years ago. He is missed.

George Steinbrenner. Strange to think of him as not the owner of the Yankees anymore. My whole time as a Yankees fan when I lived in NYC, that's 20 years, George was the center around which the Yankees spun. His battles with manager Billy Martin were legendary. Managers came and went because George wanted a winning team and most of the time that is what he got. He sure was something. Some will miss him, some certainly won't. I will

Hot summer weather.

Getting ready to paint my front door Cajun Red. Should be wild.

Oil Spills!

Nough said

Susan

5 comments:

  1. nice to remember old friends. i've never been into baseball, but i heard about that guy's passing yesterday. cajun red door sounds awesome. yes, i know what you mean about the oil spills......*sigh*

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red for the best of luck, on your front door there..way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank Lloyd Wright said you should always have a red door.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whenever I moved I painted the outside doors red...it was the first thing I did when we bought a house here in NZ too :)

    ReplyDelete