Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Entry for February 13, 2007/ THE YUKON QUEST

Since February 10th I have been following the Yukon Quest Dog Race in Alaska. Very exciting stuff. AlaskaRap has some great videos on his blog, that you should check out.

Here is the link toThe Yukon Quest Web Site where you too can follow along with who is in the lead, how the mushers take care of themselves and their dogs. I find it really interesting.

You may wonder that I as such an animal advocate love these races. The reason is because of the bond and love between the mushers and their dogs. The dogs live to run, and we all know dogs are not happy unless they have a job to do, and the mushers , well they live for their dogs.

Here are some quotes from Alaska mushers. Collected in a cute little book a friend gave me titled "Sled Dog Wisdom" by Tricia Brown.

"I've learned over the years that the dogs are smarter than humans when it comes to communicatiion. they know what your're thinking at all times" George Attla, North Pole Alaska

"You can never waste time sitting still and cuddling a puppy. That time comes back to you later in affection from the dog and its willingness to run for you" DeeDee Jonrowe, Willow Alaska\

"The dogs have taught me to sit back and enjoy the simple things in life" Dalton Fiedler, Willow , Alaska.

And you can't say any more than that.

I hope you find some thing intersting on The Yukon Quest Web site and don't forget Alaskaraps blog. I haven't asked him yet if I could put his link on here so I won't , but I am sure you all can find him. He is a popular guy.

Here is the link and he has another posted where you can go to YouTube and see more.link

No comments:

Post a Comment