Monday, February 26, 2007

Entry for February 27 2007National Spay Day

Please help all you can in any way you can to let people know that it is so important to get you dogs and cats spayed and neutered so that all little critters can have home, wonderful loving homes forever. How would you like to be bounced all over the place because there just wasn't any room for you. These animals depend on us like we depended on our parents when we were children. They need us. Right now there are too many of them and not enough of us. My next door neighbors adopted kitty was not fixed as a child by her other mother and she was let out, got pregnant and got feline leukemia, now she will die and when her babies are born they will be killed because they will have the disease. This could all have been stopped if the original owner had just gotten that poor baby spayed and kept her in the house. Today is a bad day for me, I saw a poor dog die at the vets this morning , her mother crying, then I look at the book on the counter there listing all the poor dogs and cats up for adoption at the shelter with reasons like, have to move, don't want him, can't handle him or her, stray cat, do you know how many stray cats I saw in that book, and animals that people just toss out like rubbish and you know if you might think that I worry too much about animals and not enough about people , do you know how many babies are tossed out like so much rubbish also, all over this country, all over this world, poor children who can't get adopted because there are too many of them also, people should be spayed and neutered. I can't adopted all the unwanted animals in the world, but believe me if I had the room I would. So please on this day please think about the difference we can all make if we just get our animals fixed and bug every one you know to do the same thing.

Thank you

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment