Sunday, February 25, 2007

Entry for February 25, 2007Movie Monday, the "Oscars"

For Movie Monday I would like to present the 79th Annual Academy Awards.....

Usually I dread watching the "Oscars" but I do none the less. They always turn out to be too long, these days too short, dumb speeches, ugly dresses, things nominated or winning that shouldn't have been there to begin with,,,,,,but this year something changed.....

diversity.....so many countries represented, so many really good independent short and full length films, technical artistic and artistic nominations that you just couldn't decide who should win because they were all deserving, all good.

The show was dedicated to the nominees and they were certainly right to do this, this year because for a change being nominated this year really was good enough.

In the end Marty Scorsese finally won best director for the Departed, which won best picture, Helen Miran for the Queen, Forrest Whitaker for The Last King of Scotland. I saw all of them and I think they all deserved to win, and the other nominated ones I saw I thought they all could have won also.

What a great year this was. The global film industry should only continue to get better.

Thank you.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment