Monday, April 16, 2007

Entry for April 16, 2007/ Virginia Tech Shooting

Just have been watching the news regarding the shootings at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg( I think that is right) Virginia, The media has the death toll bouncing between 22 and 31, but whatever the horrible toll it seems to be the worst school shooting yet, guess you could say it is the worst shooting any where.

What is going on? They have had some bomb threats there recently, no one can say if they are connected but it really sounds like some one was very mad to do something like this. No blame yet, seems the gunman is dead. Don;'t know yet if he shot himself or the police did it.

I could rant and rave about guns in the hands of civilians. The one thing our President managed to say so far was how horrified he was that this happened but he still supports the right of the public to bear arms.....Don't get me started.

I could go on about how disconnected we all are from each other with so much internet and video games, but don't get me started.

I just keep sighing because there is nothing really to say except how horrible this all is and how sorry I am for all those poor people who died and were injured and their families and probably how sad I am for the poor person that was pushed so far to have to do something like this.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment