Friday, March 27, 2009

Concert

Well didn't I just have the most FAB...U...LOUS  time last night.

For the first time since I moved to Arizona I went to a real life rock and roll concert. Before I continue I must point out that when I lived back in NYC and was in the music business that is all I ever did, go to concerts. I was either working them or going for free, back stage all access passes the whole deal.

Anyway once I moved out here that all stopped, until last night. I went and saw Elton John and Billy Joel, Face 2 Face ( that is the name of the show). Seems they have been doing these shows for about as long as I have been out here and I never heard of them. This will probably be their last tour, so I really lucked out. I have seen both of them separately over time but this was just too much. They both had their own bands with them, which was really cool. They started off the show with two grand piano's face to face and did some duets of their popular stuff ( what isn't) then Elton took the stage for practically the whole show ( not really but it seemed like it). The man can not be beat. He and the band were rockin'. Didn't think someone his age could still carry on like that, but then again I was dancin' all over the place too and I am the same age, so......He was magnificent on the keyboards, what a musician he is. So he was great, but then came Billy. He is the man. Not only is he the greatest song writer ever but he is funny too. I had forgotten his ad libs in between songs. Such a typical New Yorker, made me feel really home sick. The whole audience spent most of his part of the show on their feet going wild. At the end Billy and Elton come back on stage, did a bunch more great stuff together, even two Beatle songs, Happy Birthday and USSR, real rockers. Well then Elton does Norma Jean, well what can I say, it's one of his best. The best was yet to come as Billy then ends the show with Piano Man. It was unreal, the whole audience was singing along and for two choruses, neither he nor Elton sang, the whole arena sang the chorus to him. It was just too much. He is the man the Piano Man. Must make him feel really good when so many generations of people can sing your songs to you.

Well I guess that is it. That was the best time I have had since before my precious Jake Dog got sick and everyone started dying last year. Lets hear it for Elton John, Billy Joel and Rock and Roll.

Have a great weekend and don't forget that we are celebrating our Mother Earth tomorrow with Earth Day and make sure to turn out all your lights for an hour tomorrow night. Not sure what time it is in your area. Guess I have to check out what it is here also, but we will make the place go black and save some energy. Remember out great Mother Earth is the only one we have so be nice to Her.

Susan

11 comments:

  1. i am at the age where going to a concert is not appealing unless it is classical music.... crowds, noise, hassle seem not worth it but... hearing of your enjoyment makes me think perhaps i err.... where is Van Morrison now?! hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great artists always make live concerts well worthwhile and enjoyable. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.my goodness..I just am not with it..about Earth Day..But, tomorrow night I will be going to see Sylvia Browne..Now that will be a first for me.. And Why did you choose Arizona to live from New York City?? And yes..I also would be feeling home sick about the Most Interesting City..One day I want to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. two pros...they made it this far cuz they are so good !

    ReplyDelete
  5. how cool is that our susan at such a grand concert and glad you had a fun time-music is so good for our soul glad you enjoyed-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep lights out all round the world. Wish i could watch it from outer space. Hope a space ship doesn't crash into us while we're in the dark hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,it sounds like you had so much fun!! I'm glad for you. And yes,I turned my lights out!

    ReplyDelete