Monday, March 9, 2009

The New Kitty

Meet Frankie, the latest member of the Van Dorn family.

He is about 3-5 years old according to my wonderful vet and very healtly.

He was introduced to us through a client of mine. His person, who was very sick and dying, left him behind at his old house when he (the person) had to return to his family, with promises from the neighbors that Frankie would be fed. He had been hanging around his old home for about a month. Living on and under the porch, waiting for his person to come home. Poor thing. My client's company rents out the home where he lives. They had a new tenent moving in and the woman did not want the cat and my client did not want the cat and the dreaded P word was brought up. (Pound). So who does she call. Me of course. Poor cat, don't know what to do, yada yada. Can you take him Susan, maybe find him a home. Well you know how far that got. I was over there, here kitty, he jumped right in the car. Very friendly guy. I tried to find out his history from the vets in town, but no luck. So after 2 weeks he became Frankie, or Frank, or Franklin or the Frank Man, I could go on. He is the best and the rest of the clan has taken to him fairly well. They are use to this. They are just happy it's not a dog.

The best part is I have never lived with a ginger cat before, so cool.

Susan

7 comments:

  1. YOU'RE SUCH A SUCKER FOR A NEEDY ANIMAL. I LOVE YOU FOR THAT SUSAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE IS VERY REGAL I WILL CALL HER CLEOPATRA

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky kitty he is to get to live with you! I love ginger cats.I have had several and they all seem to be such nice cats.I haven't had one for several years,though. The last one I had was a ginger and white male called Chester.He was semi-feral and I had him vaccinated and neutered,but he wasn't ready to come inside yet.I had a little house for him on the back porch and he never went very far.He would lay in the turtle pen and study the turtles and he would follow a pair of bobwhite quail around the yard.He never once tried to hurt either the turtles or the quail.I had never seen a cat like him.I was just getting ready to integrate him into the house when he started acting funny.He couldn't walk normally and wouldn't eat,so I rushed him to the vet only to find that he had anti-freeze poisoning.He was at the vet for 4 days and was starting to suffer from kidney failure,so I had to have him euthanized.My poor Chester.He never hurt anyone and yet someone poisoned him.It was summer,so there was no reason for anyone to be using antifreeze,which made the vet think that it was deliberate. People are so mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, he is such a pretty lil guy....the gingers really are gorgeous. welcome, frankie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lucky cat, indeed! He's gorgeous! You have such a kind heart & hope Frankie will continue to bring you lots of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frankie meet Arizona sometimes called Zoney

    ReplyDelete