Saturday, March 3, 2007

Entry for March 04, 2007/ ART SUNDAY

Quite often I get inspirations for what I want to present on Art Sunday by artists I like or paintings I see and then find out about them and their creators. These are very often prints or paintings I have seen in friends homes. My presentation today is just that. The print they have hanging on their wall is the painting "MASTER BEDROOM" painted byANDREW WYETH. You can see from the painting why I am drawn to it. Dog sleeping on bed.

master-bedroom So I give you today a little history of Andrew Wyeth if you click on his name above and "MASTER BEDROOM" and also I believe his most famous painting "CHRISTINA'S WORLD".Christinas I am also showing a painting from quite a infamous series he did with his model Helga. You may have seen or heard of these. No nudes here though, just braids. I really like this painting.

Helga Actually I really like all of them and I have always enjoyed Wyeth's work. So much of it is very Americana, very real and with a bit of darkness. Always made me feel melancholy when looking at them.

Any way hope you enjoy them and the nice links through Wickapedia.

Happy Sunday

Susan

Sorry the prints aren't a bit better. The colors just don't seem right.

No comments:

Post a Comment