Monday, January 22, 2007

Entry for January 22, 2007/Light at the end of the tunnel

At this time of the year I always start looking towards summer. The fact that it is very cold outside is one reason and the other is that is when I take my real vacation. A hard working massage therapist must always take some extended time off or we just fall apart. My old body must rest it's muscles. I know that some people think massage is all airy fairy, but I do meat and potatoes massage. Which is medical and therapeutic massage, deep tissue stlye to the uninitiated and let me tell you, it is hard work.

So vacation.....I was very glad to hear from my good friend Hans, who lives in Amsterdam, telling me he was coming to visit this summer. He usually does this about every two years and it is a joy. We are very close friends and we have a ball together. He is coming on June 14th and that is my "Light at the End of the Tunnel" this is what will get me throught the rest of the winter. I will take off the time he is here and we will be hanging around the pool with our good friends from New York, Rick and Megan. Megan owns a great house with a pool and we will be mouching off of her. Lots of cocktails and shrimp on the barbie. Of course mine will be portabello mushrooms, but it is the idea that counts.

We will raise a glass to summer, even though it is hot as hell out here, it is not so bad inside with the old swamp cooler going. The dryer and hotter it gets out, the more cold air that thing makes. When you are by the pool you don't care any way because you get hot you just jump in. And the nights , well the nights are paradise in the desert. The minute the sun goes down the termperature drops twenty degrees and there you are with 80 degree weather, the stars shining and well what else can I say.

That silly picture at the top of the page is my insane friends. Hans is the blonde, Megan in the yellow top, Rick with no cloths and armpit, and that little smidge of face in the corner is me oh and that blonde bump sticking up is Luke dogs rear end, you know there had to be some furry ones around somewhere. Rick took this picture with a timer and didn't aim too well. Any way you get the idea.

Have a great week, I am thinking about summer.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment