Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Poetry Wednesday/Leonard Cohen

"Poetry Is just the evidence of life.

If your life is burning well,

poetry is just the ash."

Leonard Cohen

Last night I watched a DVD entitled "Leonard Cohen, I'm Your Man" a tribute to Leonard Cohen with many wonderful performers doing his material. Great singers all because his words deserve only the best. While I was watching this I remembered what a great poet he is and how wonderful it would be if I featured him on Poetry Wednesday. He has written poetry whick has been published, but mostly we know him for his songs, which are true poetry.

I feature two here today, from the tribute DVD. I know you will enjoy them. The first is Leonard and a few fans doing "Tower of Song" and the second I am sure you have heard before performed by Rufus Wainwright, who performs it here. "Hallalujah". What a beautiful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment