Friday, August 17, 2007

Entry for August 17, 2007Friday Five/School Daze

Thanks for the great questions Vanessa.

School was not my favorite place, high school that is , which is as far as I got. When I was in school you could actually get a good education and didn't really have to go to college to get on in the world. Doesn't seem to be that way these days. I was recently told by a teacher acquaintance of mine that most of the first year of college is taken up by teaching kids what to do there. They just aren't prepared. What a shame. Well onward.

1. What was your favorite subject in school? Any thing that had to do with history or literature. Why? Well obviously they are subjects of interest for me. Ancient history was my fav and I love to read.

2. What was your least favorite? Math of any type, though I did like geometry , Why? My brain doesn't work that way, but I liked geometry because it is spacial, shapes and all. Love that compass.

3. Who was your favorite teacher and why? Well I had a few that I remember. Mr Melnick, I had a crush on him, he taught me government. He was a great teacher. Had a way of making government fun, if that is possible. Then there was Ms. Jewel who taught me drama in my sophomore year. She loved the theater and I wanted to act. She was an inspiration. Then there was my senior English lit teacher I think Mrs. Lintenberg, even made some of the crap we had to read interesting and at the time I was in a theater group and rehearsed at night and I always fell asleep in class and because she was a frustrated actress and knew what was up, let me get away with it. She was great.

4. Who was your least favorite teacher and why? I don't think I had any, that I remember. Some were boring, not good teachers, but they tried.

5. Besides graduation, what was your most memorable moment in school - good or bad. Graduation, getting the hell out of there was the best thing that ever happened to me. Funny thing, I hated high school but when I went to massage school, which was a tough year, I just loved it. I was 45. I studied had got really good grades and passed my state exam with a 94 which is hard to do. What a difference between trying to focus when you are a teenager and really focusing when you are an adult.

Have a great weekend all.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment