Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Entry for August 28, 2007Poetry Wednesday Emily Dickinson

A little Emily for our friend Trine who has been away and who we miss.

She so does love her Emily.

Interesting Poem


I heard a Fly buzz (465)
byEmily Dickinson

I heard a Fly buzz – when I died –
  The Stillness in the Room Was like the Stillness in the Air –
  Between the Heaves of Storm –   The Eyes around – had wrung them dry –
  And Breaths were gathering firm For that last Onset –
when the King Be witnessed – in the Room –
  I willed my Keepsakes –
 Signed away What portions of me be Assignable –
and then it was There interposed a Fly –
   With Blue – uncertain stumbling Buzz –
 Between the light – and me –   And then the Windows failed –
 and then I could not see to see –



Poetry used by permission of the publishers and the Trustees of Amherst College fromThe Poems of Emily Dickinson, Ralph W. Franklin ed., Cambridge, Mass.: The Belknap Press of Harvard University Press, Copyright © 1998 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. Copyright © 1951, 1955, 1979, by the President and Fellows of Harvard College.

Have a great day, Enjoy

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment