Friday, October 26, 2007

Friday Five at Multiply

Entry for October 26, 2007/ Friday Five
FRIDAY FIVE: SPOOKY

Happy Halloween and welcome to this week's
FRIDAY FIVE: SPOOKY

This week's questions were provided by
Jacqui



Ponder the phenomena of the supernatural
and Halloween memories:


1) Do you believe in ghosts/spirits and if so why? Or why not

In the really intelligent part of my brain I am sure there are no such things as spirits or ghosts, but I sure would like to have someone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do exist. I love the thought that spirit of all kinds are out there roaming the earth keeping us company. I have started watching Ghost Hunters on the SciFi channel just for this reason, it is great fun. I guess you could say that I don't believe but I wish I did and there are no rational reasons for that because ghosts and spirits aren't rational

2) Have you ever had what you would consider a supernatural encounter or unexplained event in your life? What was it?

When I was in my younger years and living with two girl friends we were always fooling around with the Ougi ( how do you spell that word) board and one evening when we were asking some question of the spirit we had cornered our apartment door flew wide open. It had been locked. No one was there, just us. Very Spooky, we put away the board and turned on the tv. on a few other occasions when I was really into being a not nice witch and was practicing spells with my dog in the room, I was in the circle but he wasn't and he started to really freak out during one of my conjuring sessions. Had to stop that too. Shouldn't fool around with things you really know nothing about.

3) Do you believe in ESP? Do you have it? I believe in intuition

4) When trick or treating as a child what was the scariest thing that ever happened? I don't think I ever had a scary experience trick or treating, as I always had fun.

5) What is your most memorable Halloween as a kid or adult?

All halloweens as a child, were memorable for me, especially when we were stationed in Turkey and the base had given my father a list of where all the military personel lived so the kids could trick or treat. We all lived "on the economy" in the Turkish community and they obviously did not know Halloween so we had to make sure we only annoyed the Americans. My girl friend and I dressed up and went trick or treating to all these astonished people apartments, mostly they were young airmen who just thought it was the coolest thing that these two little girls would not give up on Halloween and went out and about anyway, we really had so much fun that night, got all types of impromtu goodies. Adult wise when I lived in New York City I lived in a very large gay community and the Halloween parade came right through my neighborhood so you can imagine that most of my Halloweens were memorable.

Happy Halloween All.

Susan



1 comment:

  1. Great answers. Yes, I'm sure you would have caused a bit of a "stir" trick or treating in Turkey. Mine is up if you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete