Friday, November 30, 2007

Entry for December 1, 2007/ World AIDS Day

Today is World AIDS Day. I had thought to do a tribute to my friends who had died from this terrible disease. Though the more I thought about the idea the more it seemed to be out of place. The past I thought not a good place to be. So I was lost as to exactly what to do to help draw attention to this day and why it does exist. The last two years I gave a rant on the terrible tragedies that were occurring all over the world because of this disease. That we tend to forget it still exists because we are not so affected by it any more. See I still got it in. But tonight I was watching My Night at The Grammys, best performances from the show over the years. One of them was Bruce Springsteen singing his title song from the movie Philadelphia and then I knew what I would post today. I think this is a good tribute to my friends and maybe will get people to remember how horrible a disease this is. And if you haven't seen Philadelphia or heard this song. Then just go rent it. I won't need to explain.Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment