Sunday, November 25, 2007

Off to Prescott

Entry for November 24, 2007/ Off to Prescott
Entry for November 24, 2007/ Off to Prescott magnify

It is only the second day after Thanksgiving and I am going shopping, well not really.I am off to the next biggest town from us, Prescott, where there is a large mall and many box stores, all we have is a giant Wal-Mart, shows the type of place I live in. Prescott use to be the capital of Arizona and is a very interesting town. I suppose it classifies as a city but a small one. The downtown has the old court house, beautiful building and many over 100 year old bars on Montezuma Street, otherwise known as Whiskey Row. The town is full of Victorian style houses because that was what was going on back east at the time and the upper class in the state capital wanted to fit right in. It is very interesting what people thought was glamor back in the 1890's in the southwest. The houses are beautiful though. Many cowboy and historical movies have featured Prescott in their stories, Arizona was really the wild west back then and Prescott was the only bastion of civilization in the whole state. Glad they moved the capital to Phoenix though because it keep the town of Prescott pretty close to it;s original state, downtown anyway. Where I am going is a whole different kettle of fish. Right before you get into town you drive through box store heaven and of course the mall, there is Costco. Giant Wal-mart, Pet smart multiple strip malls, small outdoor malls and the reason I am really going there the giant Multiplex Theater. I really need to get out of the valley I live in so my friend Megan and I decided to not only get in a movie, not sure which one yet and do a little shopping, she will be shopping I will be watching. We should be able to make a day of it and it will be real winter over there as they are about 10 degrees colder than we are. Always like to go there in the summer.

I posted my fall wreath again to let some people who asked know that the poor thing lasted only about two weeks before it completely dried out, we haven't had rain in three months, but it still looks good, just dry. I will keep it up till the Winter holiday one goes up, Winter Holidays, that is my way of being so politically correct I could gag. Covers everything, offends no one.

So that is my day. Hope you all are having a good one.

Enjoy

Susan and the Furry Family

No comments:

Post a Comment