Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Be Aware of Our Fellow Creatures

I decided to rattle everyones cages with this one.  Something very important to me so it is on both my blogs.

This month of January really is full of awareness for our furry and feathered friends.

The whole month is Adopt-A-Rescued Bird Month. Try and see if there is someone or an organization in your neighborhood who deals with rescued birds and try and give a bird a forever home. Our friend Lea in Australia can sure give you some tips on taking care of birds. that would be Velvet Chord Progression to you all. This past Saturday was National Bird Day. I am a bit behind.

On the 20th we have another feathered friend to be aware of, Penguins. I really don';t know much more about them than the average person, but we should be aware that global warming is causing them to lose their homes at the south pole and because of cooperated fishing they are losing their food supply. Watch " Happy Feet", not only is it a wonderful fun movie but it has a very important message regarding this problem.

Now this is a completely new one to me, Squirrel Appreciation Day on the 21st. Ok feed a squirrel, they sure need it during the winter, they should be snuggled up hibernating in a tree but you never know that they might have run out of food, so just like the birds this time of the year they need care.

Well I guess that is about it, but that should keep you busy this month. Make sure the4e doggies and kitties are in the house and warm also.

My info for this blog comes fromThe Associated Humane Societies in New Jersey. They are a wonderful organization that rescues all of our fellow creatures. Check them out. Wonderful people. I have supported them for over 20 years.

Have a great day. Don't forget our fellow creatures in this world.

Susan

6 comments:

  1. It's wonderful how you care and remind us of how our furry and feathered friends deserve warmth and support, thanks. Have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful blog, and an important reminder. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been an Audubon Society member since the Year Dot, so while you're preaching to the chior here in my case, I'll stand by and cheerfully applaud!

    Global warming is real - always surprises me, the people who say it isn't. Not just penguins, but hundreds of other species large and small are suffering from it.

    (As to squirrels, the problem we have here in Oregon is overbreeding - quite the opposite of other parts of the world. I have to squirrel-protect my bird feeders or I'd be quite overrun here on the Hilltop).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanks to you for your wonderful advocacy for the animals we share our earth with! I support out local Human Shelter throughout the year and always enjoy more information about ways to further assist.

    Visit www.hostdrjack.com

    CLICK HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My backyard has a collection of combination bird/squirrel/racoon feeders. There is a family of foxes in the neighboorhood, I imagine that they take full advantage of the gathering place for their own purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. for the last recipe friday, i posted links with recipes for goodies to feed the wild critters. they sure are happy to hang out here at our place. ; D

    thanks for sharing this! here's hoping some feathered beauties will get some safe new homes.

    ReplyDelete