Monday, January 7, 2008

Entry for January 07, 2008/ Just little Rain

Well here in my neighborhood in Arizona we are only getting rain from the big Pacific storm. Which is a good thing for us, draught and all, but poor California is not doing so well with flooding rain in the low country and terrible snow in the mountains. My friend Jacquie BB in New Mexicao is buried under the stuff. She is in the mountains. What a mess, but we all do need the moisture, so it is just a matter of keeping safe. Not trying to go out in the stuff. Hoping nothing floods. We have such strange rain here with the monsoons and all that I had to have a trench built through my back yard so the water doesn't wash my mobile away when the big rains come. I live on what is called an over land flow and there is nothing behind my house to stop the water rushing down into my back yard and backing up in the yard and under the house, which can then undermine the foundation of the mobile. Today is one of those days and I am glad I have my berm and that the water is running down the side of the house into the gutter in front.

We should all be safe no matter where we are.

Hey Marie how is it going in New Hampshire? You got it all snow and politicians.

Poor you.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment