Saturday, October 10, 2009

Art Sunday at the Desert Botanical Gardens with the Dale Chaully Glass Exhibit


This is my good friend Barbara who lives in Phoenix and one of the women I went with to the show.

A few year back I posted a Dale Chaully art sunday. It was his garden exhibits taken from the internet. Well this past summer I was able to go to a real live exhibit in Phoenix at the Desert Botanical Gardens. A beautiful place showing off all the desert treasures of Arizona and the glass exhibit. I sure hope you enjoy some of the pieces glass sculptures I was able to capture.
Susan

23 comments:

  1. lovely to see you and your friend, you look very happy. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these were all so awesome-must have been something up close-thanks for the photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome....Just love this stuff. I did a piece on this awhile back and was so impressed with it. (the glass, not my piece) This would work so well in Az gardens...with so much sunshine and a little back lighting at nite. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just there last week. The green ones at the entrance are still there. Beautiful place. The desert dust killed my allergies, but it was well worth going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow..................I zoomed in to get a better look and that is really beautiful, fabulous colours looks a bit like seaweed under the sea, maybe it was meant too, hence it's in a boat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you both look like you're having a great time.............and is that red glass behind you?? these garden glass exhibits are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen any thing like these glass sculptures before..........they certainly enhance the garden

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic, like a huge flame in the middle of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. just can't believe these are all made of glass

    ReplyDelete
  10. this one looks like some sort of giant sea monster lurking at the bottom of the sea

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a fantastic exhibition.............can't believe they are all made of glass..........how do they not get broken?? are they made from special toughened glass??
    what ever they are made from the inspiration is pure genius.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh it's splendid! Looks like a golden maple made of syrup & smoke!

    ReplyDelete