Monday, October 26, 2009

Looking For Autumn and Finding Winter




My good friend Barbara came up from Phoenix last week and we headed up to Flagstaff to find us some foliage. As you can see we did find some beautiful aspens on the way up to the San Francisco Peaks. Flag is very famous for it's aspens. Well when we got to the Snow Bowl which is where the ski lifts start, half way up the Peaks we discovered Winter. The temp was about 30 something, it was lightly snowing and there was snow on the Peaks.
It was just so wonderful I found myself speechless. Barbara and I couldn't have been happier. What a great day.
Eventually we had to go back down to warmer climes but the cold still is with me. Now I know where to go this year when I want real winter .

9 comments:

  1. lovely and magickal! i know you two are glad you took that trip. great photos. ; D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was there many years ago while visiting a friend
    there was snow on the top then to
    but is was 110 degrees in the ground

    great photo's

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at the Grand Canyon the beginning of the month and there was sleet the day we were there. The trees were just starting to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just in the 80's by me as (thankfully) I don't live in Phoenix. Suppose to be a real change by wednesday snow every where.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!
    i just have a hard time thinking about it snowing in az

    :)

    ReplyDelete