Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oh What A Beautiful Day

Oh what a t beautiufl day. I just got back from walking Sadie out in the National Forest behind my house. The sky is that perfect southwest blue with fluffy white clouds moving in on the strong breeze leaving dark shadows on the mountains. I believe it will rain tonight but I hope this will not ruin the viewing of the Harvest Full Moon. Autumn, my favorite time of the year. Sweater weather even in Central Arizona, Samhain , ghots and goblins, early dark. Just the best.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend and are going to Kathy's virtual tailgateing party tomorrow. Should be fun.

Susan

Actually this photo was taken a few winters ago, as you can see no green but it is the "forest" behind my house. Mostly mesquite and pinon pine. Which is what you see here.

13 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha I hear that. I love the fall months. I have to say, I got up this morning and went out on the patio to drink my coffee. I quickly retreated inside. It was freaking cold out there. Wow did I really say that? Must be all the heat. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! funny you should mention Samhain......we just got back from picking up a few more 'goodies' for our upcoming celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After summer it all feels cold.I wait till the deck is in full sun before I even think about venturing out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) and here I was imagining tall pines, redwoods, deer, bears etc. We are Spring time to plant my seeds and mow lawns almost weekly now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi susan. It is finally cooling off here too....air conditioner has been off for two whole days and sleeping at night is so much better with the air conditioning noise off! There are a few clouds around tonight. Love this time of year also!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah
    Vickie there are some serious clouds rolling in from Prescott and Sedona spreading all over the valley. Perfect autumn day. Hope it rains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic, too. It looks very dry, though - no wonder our lands and yours are classified so similarly, horticulturally-speaking. I could try to grow flowers there, too, as here, and as you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We do well with growing certain things that don't need too much water. The soil is volcanic by me. Full of rocks but good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hawaii has volcanic soil also and the most beautifull flowers i have seen
    but they do get more rain there also

    :)

    ReplyDelete