Thursday, July 5, 2007

Entry for July 05, 2007/Meeting Old Friends

Recently I had mentioned that I was going to be spending some time with a very old (time not age) friend of mine. Ann and I had been best friends in high school and had not seen each other since 1967.

About a year ago we hooked up though Classmates.com. We were both very surprised at finding each other, but it was almost like time had never passed. Soon we were chatting on the phone just like we use to as teenagers. Catching up on our lives via email and phone.

This spring I mentioned to her that she should come visit me, she lives in northern California, and her response was she doesn't go any where near Arizona in the summer. Personally I can't blame her. When out of the blue an old friend from school and her next door neighbor got in touch with her to say she was coming to Sedona ( right next to me) so here we are. Ann ended up in Arizona after all and we just had the greatest time. She spent three days with me and I haven't take so much in years, and I talk a lot. Our friend Judi came with her friend Mary and we just had such a good time.

The picture is Ann and I in Jerome, an old mining town up the hill from me, we were sight seeing of course. I have a picture of Judi et all, but I don't feel like messing around with flickr right now so some other time.

In the end it was wonderful and contrary to what Tom Wolf says, you can go home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment