Friday, July 27, 2007

Entry for July 27, 2007/ Friday Five

THINGS !!(subtitled It's always nice to give AND receive)

1. What was the last gift you received?

The most recent gift I received was the two bottle of fabulous wine that my friend Ann brought me from Sanoma County CA where she lives. Maybe she will bring me more because I can;t get them around here.
2. What is the last thing you splurged on just for you?

I guess the last thing I can think of was buying myself a new couch. I don't really buy myself little gifts because I have friends who like nothing better than doing that so I go for the big pieces. Really like the couch.


3. What was the most unique gift you've ever received?

That is really hard to say since I have had a long life so far but the one I really will always remember is the gift my parents gave me for my 16th birthday. Now remember this was 1963, I think, first there was the beautiful white A-line coat with a faux leopard skin stand up collar to wear to ( this was the best of all) see Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe on Broadway! I was very into the theater and wanted to act. Then dinner at Longchamps around the corner from the theater. Didn't I just think who I was. My dad was the one that took me so I really felt grown up. I really think you could say that was the most unique gift I ever received and most certainly the most memorable.
4. Do you collect anything?

Yes, I collect candle holders, unique candleabra type things and I like small holders with handles, also pewter ones.


5. What item would you be embarrassed for people to know you own?

I really don't think there is anything I own that I am embarrassed over.

Everyone have a good weekend and Miss FF hurry back.

susan

No comments:

Post a Comment