Monday, July 9, 2007

Entry for July 09, 2007/ Monsoon Rain and Freedom

I have been talking about the weather in Arizona for close to two years now and here I go again. It has finally started to rain here and oh boy are we all happy. We had a real down pour yesterday afternoon and it was just gourgous. This morning the ground is still all wet, there is actually humidity in the air, just wonderful. The cats and the dogs are all out prowling the yard, the cats are checking out the birds that have stopped by for an occasional bug and bit of water, it is a joyous time in the desert. Which brings me to the picture I am posting. I had been trying to find an image on the internet to post for Yannis and Pheadra's photo Friday thingy that represented freedom to me and while I was looking for this rain on the desert photo, well I found it. One of the reasons I moved out here was because of the wide open spaces. The far horizon just feels like freedom to me, being able to see as far as your eye will let you and who knows maybe even walk that far if you wanted to. So not only is this picture very representitive of what it looks like when it rains by me but it also is my entry for "Freedom" in the off the internet catagory. Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment