Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Feed the Hungry

 This was sent to me by the Care People. Even if you don't want to send money to them, maybe you can donate food to you local mission or food bank. Even a few cans of tuna or some peanut butter, bags rice or beans, or potatoes anything helps. I donated to my local mission yesterday with just what I listed. Throw in a a bag of cat and dog food too. got to think of the whole family. There are many people right here in this country with very little to eat this year.  So all of you who are able get out there and give

View as webpage
CARE - 25,000 will die from hunger this thanksgiving - Make a gift
Dear Susan,

As you prepare to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones this week, please remember the 1 billion people throughout the world suffering every day from chronic hunger.

25,000 women, men and children die from malnutrition and hunger-related causes every single day. This tragedy will be repeated again on Thanksgiving Day.

But CARE is working to turn things around. Through our emergency relief efforts, sustainable farming assistance and maternal and child health programs, we help prevent hunger-related deaths and improve the lives of millions of families suffering from poor diet and lack of food.

So, please, share the spirit of Thanksgiving with those living on the brink of disaster caused by hunger and poverty by making a gift to CARE today.

We thank you and wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sincerely,

Helene D. Gayle, MD, MPH
President and CEO, CARE


Help those suffering from chronic hunger and poverty this Thanksgiving - Donate Today
This message was sent to susanvd@earthlink.net.
Make sure all your communications from CARE are reaching you!
Add CARE to your trusted e-mail sender list.
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting root causes of poverty.
Our U.S. headquarters is located at 151 Ellis Street NE, Atlanta, GA, 30303-2420.



No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 9.0.709 / Virus Database: 270.14.79/2522 - Release Date: 11/23/09 12:45:00

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Susan,our food banks here locally are serving 40% more needy people this year than last-I like to keep the giving here at home as much as possible especially in these bad economic times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is the best place to start. Like I said I gave to my neighborhood mission. I grabbed the CAre thing off the my email because I thought it would get peoples attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give as much as I can. I put money in the red kettles,leave food out for the mailman in May,and between my mom and I,my cousin and my brother,we take food to several people quite often,as they have low-paying jobs and often don't have enough money for food,personal items,laundry soap,etc.

    So add some soap,toothpaste,tooth brushes,etc.And yeah,the pet food. I am always taking dog and cat food to my cousin,Debbie.They have 4 dogs and 4 cats and don't have enough money to feed them half of the time.So many people are hurting and it's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave away alot of food to the missions this year. They want meat to feed the hungry. I also give a dollar to the electric company for energy asst. Every dollar helps.

    ReplyDelete