Monday, November 16, 2009

What do you Collect?

I have always been a stuffed toy freak. Basically animals. What do you like to collect.

Here is my collection. The big kids sit on the bed as you can see and then they wee ones get that fabulous shelf to hang about. the blue bags with names on them are some of the familie's ashes, but hey, they need a place too.  The guys in front of my books haven't found their permenet home yet and the bunnies and the chick usually come out for spring celebrations.

My origional family of stuffed animals started when I was very young. They have all fallen a part since them and believe it or not most of the ones I have now I have bought for myself over the years. The oldest one I have I got as a present when I was 15.

I have many little collectables all over my house, cows , roosters, Dutch Blue Delft things, many kitties, but most of them where gifts from people over the years. My stuffed guys are the only things that I actually buy for myself. Any where I go when I travel, I just must bring back a stuffed guy. To me that is what collecting is. Something you love that you do for yourself.

So what about you?

Susan

 

21 comments:

  1. how precious! i have a collection of betty boop stuff in the kitchen. i have a few rooster things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to collect little lead crystal figures when my sons were growing up....but once they moved out, I stopped. I really don't collect anything now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol

    when i was a kid i collected piggy banks, post cards, frankenstein things, candles and stuffed animals

    i still have a big round mouse stuffed animal from when i was little

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your collection Susan. That will soon get very crowded...then they will need their own room? I was once an obsessive collector....if I fancied three of something it was a collection. I no longer do that and going over some of the stuff I wonder what I was thinking. I wish I had stuck to one or two things would have been much nicer. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I collect books.I have so many that I can't count them.And animals,of course! ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  6. i don't collect much...i hate the clutter but i do have alot of house plants and outdoor plants so MAYBE that's my weakness Susan...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think plants are a great thing to collect. Theya re alive. I have a friend with so many plants it take hours to water them and that is just the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah well we won't even talk about how we collect animals.
    Books, books are good.
    Glad to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah that is why I don't buy anything else except the stuffed ones, My house is cluttered enough as it is. I always get little chatka gifts that I just can't get rid of. Some day I must have the biggest yard sale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have enough to do with out collection too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL at nemo collecting dust!
    I don't collect things. Even books and plants that I love. But I've quite a number of bowls and mugs, some of them gifts from people visiting foreign countries. My friends know I'm not a collector so they often bring something useful (a mug with Minnie :-D) a plant (a lime tree :-D) or something I can cook so we share it.
    What about all of us posting a blog and photos on what we have at home that is a collection or nearest to?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was hoping that people would do just that. Who knows maybe they will.
    Isn't Nemo a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So I'll post a photo (will have to take it) of my bowls and mugs no-collection.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you, maybe it will catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just saw Aggies collection and she refered us to you-fun! I will post soon too, we collect way too many things-but I just unpacked my hand thrown pottery collection-I have collected since the 70s and love my pieces and use them when I can-still don't have any cupboards yet in my kitchen so no place to put them

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm impatient to see that.
    You also have a very special way with your collection : I really love the way you used a rock collection into your shower. That is particularly creative!

    ReplyDelete