Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My 4th Anniversary

It is really hard to believe but as of today November 17th 2009 I have been blogging for four years.

My first blog was on November 17th 2005, obviously. Seems like centuries ago. You can look it up on my Yahoo Profile page ( this is suppose to be a link, but I don't think it worked)  but the title was My First Blog, duh,with a link, that one worked, to the the ASPCA telling everyone how to help shelter animals. Of course I got no comments, But at least I was starting off with my love for animals.

I think the only friends I had at the time were the woman who started me off on 360, Tracey and her son Cameron, who are no longer blogging, but Tracey is Facebooking. I quickly jumped to my old friend David from Scotland who is still around somewhere but mostly Facebooking. will have to stop by later and say hi to him. Slowly things started to fall into place and I met many of my friends who I still have now.  I loved  360 (didn't we all) and we had all those great theme blogging days. Some have managed to still hang on after a brief hiatus. We have lost some old friends. People pass away, some who knows, some got lost in the shuffle with 360 and some just have lives that keep them from doing what we do every day still cyber communicating.  There are those who don't blog any more but that just email. I am very glad to say that some of my communicating has turned into real face to face communicating, like meeting Deb and her family, the greenwytch, the gardener, all of the above. That was really a thrill. After all my initial reason for starting to blog was to meet people. Of course my friend Tracey thought it would be some special guy, but that just isn't me. 

The  right word to describe how I find this strange form of communicating will not come to me, but over the past four years I have managed to meet people from all over the world and form some type of relationship with them. I would never have thought things like this could happen.

Well this has turned into a real ramble. So I will just say to you all out there that if it wasn't for my friends I would not have made it to this 4th year anniversary. Why carry on if you don't have friends to do it with.

Happy Tuesday

Susan

6 comments:

  1. congratulations to you, susan! i am so happy that we are friends in the real world, too. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. congradulations susan we have come a long way baby lol and many more happy tuesdays here

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOL...Time flies when you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats-I have met some wonderful people here too, hugs glad to have met you

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy anniversary

    i don't even know when mine was ~ lol


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th Blogiversary!

    We do get quickly used to new things ... things we never even could have imagined a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete