Thursday, July 16, 2009

Onward and upward

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful comments on my smoking issues.

Aimless, saw that bit in the paper today. Cigarettes here if you don't go to the reservation are almost $8 a pack, not quite trillions but close enough so I am thinking about the money I am going to save. At least $21 dollars a week since I only smoked about one pack every two days.

Well I have made it through the second day. Excercised again. Today I am going to try and not use food for my cigarette substitute. This should be interesting. To tell the truth I have been using an electronic nicotine conveyance. Like gum but gum makes me sick, so I suck on these things that look like cigarettes and give me nicotine but nothing else. I need to stop that though because I want to get away from that habit real fast. I know people who have quite smoking but are still chewing nicotine gum. Not for me, so we will see how it goes today.

Love all the support, thanks again. You are all great friends.

Susan

7 comments:

  1. congrats on making it through another day! saving the $ will be another great incentive for you. keep on keepin' on, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. try sucking on hard candy that might help

    ReplyDelete
  3. take a deep breath when you feel the urge to smoke......get that stress out...lolol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been doing a lot of breathing exercises, really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anything to relieve the STRESS....some ppl don't have a hard time quitting...maybe that will be you.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you...I wish I had your conviction..

    ReplyDelete