Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thanks for the advice

Just an update for all you wonderful people out there who are giving me great advice for my battle with that nicotine addiction and what an addiction it is. I think this is the hardest time I have had quiting smoking. I have gone for years and years with out a cigarette, this time, very bad. For all of you out there who have never smoked, this is not just a habit. That would be easy. Nicotine is a Class A drug. Just as bad as heroin as far as the addiction is concerned. If you drink coffee, have you ever really tried to stop or given it up. Caffeine is another one of those fun drugs and it is in everything, chocolate, soda, coffee, tea. It is all just too much.

So today I spent far away from the house. My poor friend I was with had to put up with me banging my head against my steering wheel on and off and a wee bit of yelling because I left my electric nicotine machine at home. But I did good and got home and just sucked on that thing. Better now, can't use that too much, the idea is to get away from the nicotine, but at least it isn't coming out of those nasty cancer, heart attack producing cigarettes. Now it is playing solitaire and as you can see pounding away on the computer. This is also helping with keeping food out of my mouth.

Please know I just love you all for being so supportive because it really does help. I will try the carrots and the tooth brushing , keeps the mouth busy and Vickie I am deep breathing as I type.

Have a great Sunday. I will be out and about visiting. In real life and blog land.

Susan

5 comments:

  1. Me too! This is my fourth try with the Chantex stuff. First time worked like a charm...had surgery and the first thing I grabbed for going home was a fag...well on and off the stuff made me so nauseous that I couldn't plan anything. Went off twice after that. I asked again and got it....I'm taking it...no vomiting....a bit of dizziness but I'm not smoking! Yea. This is only my first week, but heck this just might do the trick. I wish you luck with your machine, and carrots and whatnot I figure 'whatever works'. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you. What the heck is Chantex? Sounds nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes susan this is one of the very hard ones for women to kick because of our emotional make up-use the candy to everything you can throw at it-good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breathing, what a good idea, lol. I just remembered about cinnamon sticks, too. I spent a few weeks chewing & spitting out bits of cinnamon sticks---don't know if that's so great for dental work, though, but it's like banging your head---it feels SO much better when you stop. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would think that just chewing regular sugarless gum would keep your mouth busy as well. I've never heard of the machine you mentioned...but it seems to me, that when you use something like that, you're just exchanging one habit or addiction for another. You will still have to ween yourself off of the machine, won't you? I know that some people use sugarless suckers and keep those in their mouth.... I guess the biggest thing it so evacuate all of that nicotine out of your body so that it's clean, and you no longer crave that poison...wow...that's got to be really hard! We're all rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete